Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in Pregnancy?
Coordination between acupuncture sessions and consultations with your midwife or physician can prevent illness, harmonize pregnancy, encourage healing and helps prepares for birthing.
- Subdue morning sickness and nausea
- Relieve pain and reduce stress
- Increase circulation to promote healing
- Improve lymphatic function
- Change breech presentation
- Natural preparation for birthing/cervical ripening/induction
facts about Acupuncture and TCM:
- Reduce stress and negative emotions
- Calms and rebalance the mind and body
- Creates communication between the brain and central nervous system
- Encourages healthy growth and regulation of the fetus
- Increases endorphin secretions and neurotransmitters
- Fertility, pre-conception and pre-natal TCM literature and Acupuncture goes back over 5000 years in China
reasons to use Acupuncture and TCM during pregnancy:
- Helps shorten time of labour
- Preparation for the perineum
- Joint problems
- Pain relief
Acupuncture can start anytime during pregnancy. Recommended is 1 treatment per month until 37 weeks then weekly afterwards until your baby arrives.